Good to Go!
We’re delighted to be awarded the VisitBritain ‘Good to Go’ industry charter mark.
That means our attraction meets the Government and public health guidance on COVID-19 and that we have all the required health and safety processes in place to reopen on July 11th.
What to expect from your visit
Health and safety is our top priority. Visiting Ropeworks Active will be a little different to before and in preparation for reopening we have reviewed how we operate every single part of our service to make sure that you still have a memorable, and safe adventure.
Some things will be new to all and we are encouraging customers to pre book via our online booking system on our website, this will help to manage visitor numbers. Walk-ins will still be allowed, but our time slots will be for limited numbers and this could result in a wait for the next available time slot.
More details on our plans can be found below and please remember, this is just the first stage of updating you. Plans may change slightly as we continue to follow Government guidance.
Before leaving the house
- Please check our website and social media pages for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash, where possible.
- Visitors are advised to wear their own PPE. Therefore, we recommend a suitable mask for adults. If you require a facemask we will have some available for purchase. Face masks are not required for children under the age of 6 or for people with certain health conditions and/or disabilities.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our attraction should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
When you arrive
- We will be running hourly slots for both the high and low ropes courses. To allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience. Therefore, please be aware that if you haven’t pre-booked then you may need to wait for the next slot.
- You will see new signage demonstrating key safety messages such as encouraging visitors to wash hands/sanitise and distancing instructions throughout.
- Initially high ropes/ low ropes, climbing wall sessions, gorge walking, rock climbing, mountain trekking and coasteering will be offered. We hope to run half day activity days during the holidays for children. This will be reviewed regularly as guidelines change.
- We will be introducing clear markers and new signs to allow for social distancing within queues.
- Toilets are available for one family at a time – please take this into account when you arrive.
- A takeaway service tuck shop will be on offer to ensure social distancing.
- Indoor kitting areas will be closed and a new outdoor kitting area has been built.
- We have installed an outdoor sink and washing/sanitising areas around the site for participants and visitors to use.
- We politely request that all our visitors assist us by following all COVID-19 safety guidelines themselves and that all adults take full responsibility for ensuring that all children in their care follow our guidelines too.
Our off-site activities will be limited to private groups.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!